Abstract / Case Report Submission
Late Breaking Abstract / Case Report Submission Has Closed!
* Late Breaking Abstract / Case Report Submission Closes Monday, 21 March, 2022, at Midnight CET.
ABSTRACT / CASE REPORT SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
Abstracts / case reports must be submitted online via the website only. Only abstracts / case reports submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the committee for review. Abstracts / case reports submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Abstracts / case reports must be submitted in English.
Abstracts / case reports may be submitted for Oral Presentation, E-poster short oral presentations or E-poster viewing. Authors are asked to indicate their preference during the submission process. However, the decision of which abstracts / case reports are selected for each type of presentation is the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract / case report.
While you may submit as many abstracts / case reports as you wish, each person may only serve as the presenting author for a maximum of 3 abstracts / case reports. The presenting author must be listed as the first author. You will be notified if you have assigned a presenting author to an abstract / case report who has already reached the maximum of 3 presentations, and you will be given the opportunity to assign one of the other co-authors of the abstract / case report as the presenting author.
Submitters and co-authors can be listed on as many abstracts / case reports as needed.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts / case reports of authors who have paid their registration fees, will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Please note: The submitting author will receive all correspondence about the abstract / case report so we advise that the details of the submitting author are the same as those of the presenting author.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract / case report and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract / case report.
Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract / case report submitter's will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form. Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
Please note: Accepted abstracts / case reports will be published in a supplement to the CHEST® journal and official congress publications of the CHEST Congress 2022. By submitting your abstract / case report, you are agreeing to its publication in this journal and any other congress related materials.
Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the CHEST Congress 2022 website.
Publication Embargo: CHEST Congress 2022; Bologna, Italy has an embargo policy on all abstracts / case reports submitted to the congress. The embargo will be lifted in February 2022, prior to the congress.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral Presentation, E-poster short oral presentations or E-poster viewing.
- Abstract / case report title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract / case report text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements.
- Graphs and images – A maximum of 1 image, graph or table can be included per abstract / case report. Images do not count towards word count. Images will not be published.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG, GIF or PNG format only.
- Abstract / case report topic - select the abstract / case report topic per the list of topics.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Only metric system (SI) units should be used.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract / case reports as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract / case report. Changes will not be possible to your abstract / case report after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract / case report ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract / case reports . Please refer to this abstract / case report number in all correspondence regarding the abstract / case report.
- Please refer to your abstract / case report by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract / case report. Please contact the Secretariat, by clicking here, if you do not receive confirmation that your abstract / case reports has been received.
- Abstract / case reports submission closes on 28 September 2021; Midnight EST. No changes can be made to your abstract / case reports after this deadline. You are welcome to upload an updated E-poster prior to the Congress.
ABSTRACT / CASE REPORT FORMAT
- Clinical implications
- Case Presentation
Please note that abstract / case reports s must be SUBMITTED BEFORE the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT / CASE REPORT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract / case reports and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract / case reports cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract / case reports constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract / case reports Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the "Content") to (CHEST Congress 2022, Bologna, Italy 02-05 February) and Kenes International (Hereafter: the "Organizers"), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract / case reports Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract / case reports . The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract / case reports . The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract / case reports correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract / case reports which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract / case reports allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract / case reports was originally submitted.