Covid -19 Updates
The safety of our delegates is our main priority. We are doing everything in our capacity to ensure a smooth process, in correspondence to the current health regulations. We are monitoring the COVID-19 requirements and will be updating the information and safety guidelines regularly with alignment to the situation.
To ensure the safety of all attendees information and guidelines will be published closer to the congress. In the meantime please follow the latest updates here: from the Italian National Tourist Board regarding:
As the news about the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve and some major events are being canceled or postponed in Europe, we want to update you that preparations for CHEST Congress 2022 in Bologna are ongoing.
As the congress organizers, the safety and health of all those attending is our main concern and we are monitoring the situation very closely.
We are following the recommendations of the World Health Organization as well as those of the local health authorities in Italy. We recommend attendees book their flights and accommodation with cancellation insurance.
We will continue to advise accordingly and provide related updates on the congress website and to all of our faculty, industry partners, and participants.
It is our hope that the COVID-19 virus will be contained as soon as possible, and our thoughts go out to those families that have been affected.
CHEST Congress 2022 Health & Safety Code of Conduct
American College of Chest Physicians, in partnership with the Italian delegation, are committed to creating a meeting experience where you can safely and effectively conduct business. Therefore, CHEST is requiring all attendees of CHEST Congress 2022 to be vaccinated in order to attend the in-person meeting in Bologna, Italy.
I attest that
- I either have completed or will have completed by January 31, 2022, an EMA-approved vaccination for COVID-19;
- I understand that if I am unable to complete the vaccination by that date, I will not be allowed to attend CHEST Congress 2022 in person.
I will comply with all safety protocols enacted by CHEST or the venue.
We believe that maintaining the highest safety standard is critical to delivering a high-quality experience with the lowest reasonable risk in a manner that protects us all. For this reason, all CHEST Congress 2022 attendees – participants and staff – agree to follow the guidelines below.
- Remain home and avoid travel if experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times while attending CHEST events.
- Greet others using elbow bumps, waves, and any other form of contactless gestures.
- Do not shake hands or give hugs.
- Perform a health status self-check every day for any onset of COVID symptoms, as defined by the CDC.
- Notify the First Aid Office immediately if feeling ill while at the meeting.