Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The CHEST Congress 2022 Bologna is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net
The CHEST Congress 2022 Bologna is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 13 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/ama-pra-credit-system/agreement-european-union-medical-specialties-uems
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information,visit: www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cpd/providers/international-accreditation-agreements-e
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Monday, 27 June 2022||5|
|Tuesday, 28 June 2022||5|
|Wednesday, 29 June 2022||3|
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Explain new developments in the diagnoses, complications, and management options for sleep-disordered breathing.
- Define the appropriate use of bronchoscopy in endobronchial biopsy.
- Apply new clinical research knowledge and study findings in tuberculosis to clinical practice.
- Describe new strategies for managing latent tuberculosis infection and active tuberculosis.
- Recognize the current burden and realities of COPD.
Utilize effective interventions and strategies, pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic, to improve the care for patients suffering from COPD.
- Discuss treatment strategies for obesity hypoventilation syndrome.
- Review the most updated and relevant literature regarding epidemiology and diagnosis related to community-acquired pneumonia.
- Review recent updates in the treatment of malaria.
- Define the current treatment paradigm for treating patients with locally advanced (stage 3) lung cancer.
- Review findings from recent significant publications in bronchiectasis and their impact on clinical practice.
The target audience includes international, regional, and national physicians and specialists involved in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of chest diseases. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 29 July 2022:
- Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
- Complete the anonymous online evaluation
- Complete the credit claim form and submit
- The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; retain for your personal records
*Kindly note that the CHEST Congress 2022 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest are resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
*Disclosure information will be available here at least one week prior to the event
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from the industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgment of all supporting organizations is made in the program guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
*View a list of all industry supporters here.
Commitment to the Highest Standards in CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programs. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organization contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.